Den Haag, South Holland
€550.00 - €600.00 per day
about 2 months ago
DevOps IaC Engineer (Ansible/ Terraform) - The Hague
Morson International are working with a global IT Consultancy who are looking for a DevOps IaC Engineer to join their team in The Hague. This is an initial 6-month contract with the chance of an extension. My client is paying 600 a day for this opportunity.
You will be involved in the design and implementation of provisioning capabilities utilizing Infrastructure as Code practices in order to facilitate the automation of infrastructure delivery. The potential candidate will perform various tasks with an emphasis to contribute in the area of provisioning infrastructure components applying Infrastructure as Code best practices.
The consultant will perform the following consultancy and design services for Terraform/Ansible/Sentinel adoption:
* Recommend policies for the adoption of Infrastructure as Code across the ICT department
* Consult on the design and implementation of Terraform modules and their integration with Clients resources
* Contribute to a feasibility analysis for the adoption of Terraform/Ansible
* Contribute to the implementation a Proof of Concept for Infrastructure as Code integrated with the existing tools and components in use at the Client
* Propose a high-level roadmap for the adoption of Infrastructure as Code
* Advise on the best combined use of Terraform and Ansible in the specific environment of the Client, based on the features and limitations of each technology
* Advise on the use of multiple workspaces and associated workflows in Terraform
* Contribute to the low-level technical design for the selected solution
* Implement the selected tool across the different runtime environments
* Create infrastructure design document with all design decisions and implementation details.
* Agree with the Client on a set of policies to be implemented following Policy as Code principles and implement them using the Sentinel framework
* Support the development and operations teams during the migration to Infrastructure as Code
* Consult on the design of the integration with existing CI/CD solution
* Design of a self-service provisioning solution for end-users
The successful DevOps Iac Engineer will have:
* Bachelor Degree in Computer Science with a minimum of 6 years of professional IT Experience OR with 9 years of professional IT experience without a University Degree
* Minimum 6 years of experience as consultant in telecommunications systems and infrastructure
* Knowledge of (converged) and IP-network technologies
* In-depth knowledge of Infrastructure as Code tools targeting both on premise and public cloud infrastructure (Required: Terraform Enterprise, Sentinel, Ansible, desirable: vRealize Orchestrator) and best practices
* Knowledge of Configuration Management concepts and technologies (e.g. Puppet)
* Knowledge in virtualization (VMware, Hyper-V, etc.).
* Knowledge of load balancing, application security, container orchestration (Kubernetes), secret Management
* Experience with CI/CD pipelines (e.g. Azure DevOps Server), Elastic Search, Kibana, Logstash (Desirable)
* Good understanding of fundamental security concepts.
* Solid documentation skills in English
If you are interested and would like to find out more, apply now and I will be in touch shortly. Alternatively, contact Jake from Morson for more information.