DevOps Engineer (SC Cleared)
Location: Reading / Remote (Reading full time 1st month or so - then remote)
Duration: 6 Months
Rate: £475.00 per day LTD
Our Reading based client has an opportunity for a DevOps Engineer (SC Cleared) to join the team on an initial 6 month contract basus
This will include administration on both Windows and Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) servers, configuration of a variety of services and assisting the Software Engineering community in resolving their issues with these services. The role also requires effective communication with the company Information Services team to resolve issues.
- These applications will include Jenkins, JIRA, bitbucket/git, SVN, klocwork.
- Be able to use and carry out basic administration on Windows Server and Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)
- This will include configuration of services, firewall, NTP and Active directory
- With regard to Windows, understanding of the command line, as well as batch scripts and powershell
- With regard to RHEL, understanding of shell scripts (bourne, bash, csh), and the ability to use a text editor on the command line.
- For assisting users, knowledge of languages such as C, C++, Java, Matlab and C# would be useful.
- The ability to administer a number of applications using both the front and back ends.
- SonarQube, confluence, Crucible/fisheye, Palamida, Sonatype Nexus and flexlm.
- User permission administration of these application, together with knowledge of the underlying philosophies of these tools and how to use the tool as a user.
- Administration of the Matlab distributed computing platform
- Be able to interact with users to determine their issues and to assist in resolving those issues
- Be self-motivated, and to be able to analyse issues to determine their resolution in an efficient and effective manner.
- Experience in using of various scripting languages, including Python, Perl, awk and sed
- Understanding of the basics of SCM, CI, problem reporting, software lifecycles, Agile methods, Static analysis, Dynamic analysis, software licensing models would all be beneficial
- Configuration Management tools e.g. SVN/GIT
- Static and Dynamic tests tools
- Knowledge of Agile software development lifecycles
**Due to the nature of the role this position requires SC Clearance** The role will also initially based 100% on site in Reading**
Interested? - Hit Apply