Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
£65000 - £70000 per annum + bonus & benefits
3 months ago
Morson International is working with one of the leading providers of broadband networks across the UK.
Our client is now recruiting for a Development & Application Support Manager to be based at their Milton Keynes office.
This role will run day to day management of a small team of Developers, as well as project based outsource partners. While this role will still be very much hands-on, they will be responsible for managing the development and ongoing support of end to end solutions.
You will need an excellent understanding of the software which drives services such as Billing (Xero / SAP / generic billing systems) / CRM Systems (Salesforce) and API Services (Lamda, apache, python, php) and help support new products in developing infrastructure such as FTTx and Ethernet.
- Acting as first line support for issues raised by the users of the system.
- Monitoring the key components of the system to ensure that application servers are running smoothly with no network, memory or disk capacity issues.
- Monitoring of the database server to ensure that it is operating efficiently and being backed up every day.
- Assist with the implementation of a disaster recovery system. Run quarterly tests to ensure that the DR procedures work and that we can cut over to the DR system in a reasonable amount of time.
- Scripting of repetitive tasks in magik, batch files, scripts etc.
- Strong negotiation and consensus building skills when dealing with internal customers, stakeholders and team members.
- Ability to understand current/changing business processes, participation in defining application and platform functionality.
- Holds sound understanding of IT technology concepts and software architectures, development tools, CRM, Financial Systems, Jira, Source Control, etc.
- Over 5 years within the Internet Service Provider / Telecoms industry desirable a development background is expected, with proven track record in all areas of ISP development, as well as having over 3 years in technical management.
- Minimum 5 year's experience in software development in a heterogeneous UNIX, networked environment such as Unix, FreeBSD or Linux
- Good knowledge of Cloud Based services such as AWS, Lambda, Bit bucket, Jira etc.
- Knowledge of GIS, such as GE Smallworld, QGIS, Network Asset Systems used in Fibre Networks
- Knowledge of Enterprise Application Integration, ERP
- Experience of negotiation / mediation
- Experience in Change Management & Planned Works methodologies
- Experience in Process Management methodologies
- Experience in Risk & Impact Assessment
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field of study for software development (or equivalent).
- ISP / Telecoms experience
- Development or Architecture background
For further information please contact Matthew Owen at Morson International.