Up to £28.00 per hour
11 months ago
On behalf of a top defence client Morson are looking for 1 x piping designer for a 6 month contract in Portsmouth. Details as follows:
Purpose of role:
To undertake a defined range of detail design activities in line with all relevant processes and quality requirements, supplying advice and support to operations and other functions and ensuring defined objectives are achieved whilst continually maintaining quality and service requirements.
Key Technical Skills
* Possesses good knowledge of most aspects within his/her discipline.
* Able to perform analysis using recognised draughting and analytical tools and to make sound judgements.
* Provide technical support and troubleshooting responses in assigned areas to operational units or other activities.
Key Interpersonal/Behavioural Skills
* Achieves and sustains a standard of excellence in drive and commitment.
* Demonstrates Focus on Order through work packages or projects
* Demonstrates Customer Focus through forging partnerships that shape customer expectations.
* Supports a developmental environment that supports the development of others
* Researches when digging for information
Key Mental/Analytical Skills and Challenges
* Ensure effective application of process in assigned areas, including developing the detail design, modifications and improvements in accordance with relevant standards, best practice and developing needs
* Develops solutions to requirements.
* Delivers cost effective data to budget and programme.
* 2 Years' experience in engineering or a defence or related industry
* Understanding of LCM
* Typically HNC/HND qualified, likely to be in a technology, engineering or science related discipline
* Working towards the requirements for registration as Incorporated Engineer with the Engineering Council
Top 6 Major Tasks and Activities:
1. Operate within the functionality of the appropriate tools and techniques (e.g. Foran and CE) as directed by his/her supervisor.
2. Produce and develop designs in line with specifications and all quality and technical standards, and carry out detail design appraisals in assigned areas to ensure all standards are maintained.
3. Carry out investigations into operational problems or developments and develop and prepare solutions, individually or as a member of a team.
4. Support the development of best practice to increase the capability, performance of tools and processes
5. To identify personal training requirements, skills gaps and development requirements in own discipline.
6. Keep up to date in relevant technical areas, develop skills and capabilities to be able to provide more effective services (seeking and sharing good practice and knowledge to continuously improve practices), and supply technical support and expertise to others as required.