Up to £28.00 per hour
20 days ago
Detail Designer - Layouts
Morson International have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Detail Designer to join a leading defence company on an initial 6-month contract at their base in Portsmouth. Working on Electrical Power & Propulsion Systems in support of their naval ships programmes, this role would be ideally suited to someone with prior experience of the Foran CAD package essential.
Please see below for details:
Pay Rate: £28 per Hour LTD
Duration: 6 Months
Purpose of role:
To undertake a defined range of detail design activities in line with all relevant processes and quality requirements, supplying advice and support to operations and other functions and ensuring defined objectives are achieved whilst continually maintaining quality and service requirements.
Key Technical Skills:
* Possesses good knowledge of most aspects within his/her discipline.
* Able to perform analysis using recognised draughting and analytical tools and to make sound judgements.
* Provide technical support and troubleshooting responses in assigned areas to operational units or other activities.
* CAD Models delivering design intent
* Data, diagrams and drawings supporting Design and assessment tasks, specific to own discipline.
* Design and Change Studies
* Technical Reports and Specifications
* Provide help and direction to less experienced team members to support both their effective working and their development.
* Be cognisant of assigned budgets,
* Advise/instruct apprentices and trainees of similar discipline in the technical content of work.
* Perform self-verification of own tasks and undertake cross checking of other draughtspersons work as requested to ensure completeness and quality of information.
* Answer Technical queries about his/her own work and that of subordinates within their level of knowledge and competency.
* Act as a member of a technical team created to accomplish tasks of a specialist nature (e.g. Liaison Draughting team, best practice team).
* 2 Years' experience in engineering or a defence or related industry
* Understanding of LCM
* Typically HNC/HND qualified, likely to be in a technology, engineering or science related discipline
* Working towards the requirements for registration as Incorporated Engineer with the Engineering Council Ability to communicate clearly and concisely at all levels, through to senior management, via oral and written briefings and technical reports.
* Experience of test and trials environment including setting to work complex equipment and overall systems
* BEng (Hons) / MSC (Eng) in relevant Engineering discipline
* Chartered Engineer (CEng)