Up to £12.60 per hour + Inclusive of holiday pay
8 months ago
Our client a charity helping millions of people feel happier and healthier by spending more time on and along our canals and rivers are urgently looking for 2 Destination Team Leaders for a 10-month contract, based at one of their treasured secrets: The Canal Museum in Stoke Bruerne, Towcester.
Roles rage from three days to four days, this will include some weekend work please call for further information.
The purpose of the role will be to work at one of their visitor attractions in a shop, catering, in a trip boat team or generally at the site. Directing their day to day work in delivering excellent service through participation in activities, the sale of goods and services, or maintenance of the site to provide an excellent environment for customers to enjoy. Promoting the Trust personally and via their team through an excellent environment, actively contributing to the generation of revenue and customer satisfaction.
- Leads team directing day to day work, setting priorities and delegating tasks to provide excellent service in retail, catering, rides or generally at the site. Assist in a variety of tasks and at specific events, providing backup to office-based functions if required.
- Ensure team adopt relevant safety procedures or work to the required standards of hygiene or use. Deal with customers face to face or by phone to expected standards of courtesy and care.
- Where required ensure team work to required timetables and the smooth running of the Trust attraction to meet published timeframes and satisfy customer expectation.
- Ensure the maintenance of high standards of cleanliness and safety within the site. Monitor the completion to standards of required checking and maintenance of equipment. Note/ report defects and incidents to self and third parties. Prepare risk assessments for simple tasks.
- Employ required financial standards. Receive and store cash and other means of payment, ensure proper maintenance of records of payments received; and processing of documentation accurately and to required time standards.
- Monitor and maintain appropriate stock levels within retail and catering environments, rotating stock as required. Present and display goods/ food offering effectively to maximise sales. Undertake ordering of replacement stock within guidelines, deal with suppliers, use of appropriate computer equipment.
- Work with volunteers and new employees being a role model/ mentor for them to assist the person acquiring the necessary understanding of the role requirements and that volunteers enjoy their experience with the Trust
- Display the Trust values and behaviours at all times
- Ensure that diversity and inclusion are integrated into all aspects of Trust life and promote inclusion by challenging behaviour, practices, actions, or decisions that are counter to the objectives of the Trust's policies and values
Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
- Maths and English GCSE
- Relevant occupational qualification in food hygiene or other discipline for bespoke tasks.
- Customer Service training qualification - Welcome Host or other equivalent
- Valid driving licence appropriate to vehicle for specific roles
- Trust minimum safety learning standards.
- Proven experience in a customer facing role within a leisure or customer service environment, or in a direct sales environment
- Proven experience handling cash and the application of appropriate procedures.
- Proven experience in safely leading small teams; directing, prioritising and delegating daily tasks
- Some experience working with or leading volunteers
- Literate in the use of computers, internet.
- Competency based training for specific tasks/ roles/ use of equipment
- Ability to motivate colleagues, prioritise daily tasks, delegate to team and monitor completion to appropriate standards