Up to £12.10 per hour + Inclusive of holiday pay
about 1 month ago
Our client a charity helping millions of people feel happier and healthier by spending more time on and along our canals and rivers are urgently looking for 4 Destination Assistants for a 10-month contract, based at one of their treasured secrets: The Canal Museum in Stoke Bruerne, Towcester.
Roles rage from one day to four days, this will include some weekend work please call for further information.
The purpose of the role will be to work at one of their visitor attractions in a shop, catering, in a trip boat team or generally at the site. Helping deliver excellent service through participation in activities, the sale of goods and services, maintenance activities, running trips and events, working with volunteers, providing an excellent environment for customers to enjoy. Promoting the Trust personally and through an excellent environment, actively contributing to the generation of revenue and customer satisfaction.
- Provide excellent service to all customers at the visitor attraction working in retail, a café or generally at the site, ensuring people have an enjoyable visit and that the site is presented to a high standard. Assist in a variety of tasks and at specific events, provide backup to office-based functions if required.
- Ensure that services provided make use of the most up to date information and follow the relevant safety procedures or work to the required standards of hygiene or use. Deal with customers face to face or by phone to expected standards of courtesy and care.
- Be knowledgeable of the Trust and Trust activities, the local attraction and wider network. Be an ambassador for the Trust
- Maintain high standards of cleanliness and safety within the site. Participate in regular checking and maintenance of equipment to ensure fitness for purpose, note and reports defects and incidents to self and third parties following Trust procedures.
- Take payments for goods and services following required procedures. Receive and store cash and other means of payment, maintaining records of payments received; and processing documentation accurately and to required time standards.
- Monitor stock levels within retail and catering environments, rotating stock as required. Present and display goods/ food offering effectively to maximise sales.
- Work with volunteers and new employees being a role model/ mentor for them to assist the person acquiring the necessary understanding of the role requirements and that volunteers enjoy their experience with the Trust.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills
- Maths and English GCSE
- Relevant occupational qualification in food hygiene or other discipline for bespoke tasks.
- Customer Service training qualification - Welcome Host or other equivalent
- Valid driving licence appropriate to vehicle for specific roles
- Trust minimum safety learning standards.
- Some experience in a customer facing role within a leisure or customer service environment, or in a direct sales environment.
- Literate in the use of computers, internet.
- Competency based training for specific tasks/ roles/ use of equipment
- Confident dealing with people
- Cash handling