£14.00 - £18.00 per hour
12 months ago
A leading Aerospace Manufacturers in Portsmouth are seeking an experienced Despatch /Stores controller, initially on a 6 month basis (COUNTERBALANCE FORKLIFT LICENSE REQUIRED)
Principal Accountabilities for:
Ensuring efficient operation of the Despatch Department.
Timely delivery of orders placed on bought out suppliers
- Log all items in and out of the Despatch department, to enable any person/persons to ascertain its despatch status.
- Pack items received into Despatch in accordance with FPT/PACK 1.
- Arrange transport for complete packages, both within Great Britain and Export ensuring all the documentation involved is filed for Audit purposes.
- Maintain the Despatch Number register and file all complete registers for Audit purposes.
- Load and unload transport as required, for either shipments out of the Company or delivery of packaging materials.
- "D" Flat consignments off the computer system as they leave the premises.
- Converse with all Departments over shipping details and obtain P.O.D.'s as required.
- Raise PRP's as required for all Packing/Despatch related products (Cartons/Micafil/Crates etc) to ensure there is adequate stocks for each item, to ensure no hold ups are incurred. (MIN/MAX stock holding)
- Complete WIP/Stock checks as and when requested.
- Deputise on the signing of Hazardous cargo in the absence of the Senior Production Controller.
11 Expedite delivery of overdue orders on external suppliers and confirm delivery schedules in advance of agreed due dates.
To carry out the above in conformance with all Company policies and procedures.
If this position is of interest, please apply of call Matthew Crook on 0161 707 1516/