Up to £13.50 per hour
2 months ago
Desktop Support Technician (1st/2nd Line)
Duration: 6 Months (extension likely)
Rate: £13.50 per hour paye
Our Winfrith, Dorset based client have an opportunity for a Desktop Support Technician (1st & 2nd Line) to join the IT Support Team on an initial 6 month contract basis.
* Supporting users with desktop issues
* Review and logging of user issues on the helpdesk system and resolving them.
* Support of the internal telephone system and re-patching of data ports
* Break fix and upgrades to systems as required supporting 2nd line IT staff.
* Building PC using SCCM or other means as appropriate.
* Support of the Voip system
* Provide Service desk cover when necessary
* Completing and reporting on assigned project related activities
* Where appropriate, document new processes and procedures in line with duties and look for improvements
Knowledge, skills and personal qualities required:
* Microsoft Windows 10 Desktop operating systems
* Active Directory
* Used to being in an IT support environment
* PC builds
* Networking knowledge (including IP addressing / Subnetting and Routing)
* Customer service skills
* Good all round IT skills
* Professional behaviour in front of IT customers communicating with them effectively
**You must be willing to undergo SC Clearance**
Interested? - Hit Apply