Up to £22.00 per hour
9 months ago
Morson are currently working with a top defence company and have a requirement for an Electrical Designer to join the facility in Devenport for an initial 9 month period. Role would be ideally suited to an Engineer qualified to ONC level in Electrical Engineering with Electrical design experience from any background.
The Designer is responsible for the definition of the design solution(s) and production of deliverables to the required standards. They are required to contribute to the whole lifecycle from concept through to in service support.
The role requires a good understanding of engineering and design practices as relevant to the individuals discipline and the holder must be able to demonstrate appropriate CAD skills as well as good written and verbal communications.
Major Tasks and Activities:
* Preparation/production of drawings throughout design lifecycle in line with recognised ISO standards to the required time, cost and quality requirements.
* Preparation, production and maintenance of project documentation as required by the design lifecycle.
* Liaise with colleagues and stakeholders during design lifecycle to ensure coordination and functionality of design, including contribution to design reviews.
* Develop innovative design solutions.
* Provide solutions to manufacturing and installation issues by assisting in the resolution of Production and Technical Queries.
* Produce and update 'as built' /datum pack documentation.
* Interface with customers and supply chain on design issues and assist with procurement
* Reporting of technical progress and issues to line management.
* Assist in the production of estimates.
* Be aware of, and ensure that, safety, health and environmental requirements are implemented.
* Assist with the maintenance and improvement in the standard and quality of outputs.
* Assist production and test organisations with the compilation of test forms and procedures.
* As assigned fulfil role as Design Lead for single discipline low risk projects
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* The post holder is required to hold an ONC or an equivalent engineering academic qualification.
* Apprenticeship in relevant discipline or relevant industry experience.
* A basic understanding of engineering and design practice as relevant to individual discipline.
* An understanding of Risk Management.
* An understanding of Company/Departmental procedures relating to Design, Health, Safety and Environment, and Quality requirements.
* IT literate (AutoCAD, Microsoft office).