North West England, England
£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + +benefits
3 months ago
Morson are working in exclusive partnership with Amey Consulting, a leading multi-disciplinary consultancy, who are recruiting for Senior Civil/highways Engineers to work within their busy roads and highways division in Birchwood, Warrington. You will be an experienced civil engineer with experience in roads and highways design, looking to join a centre of excellence for design, working on complex high profile projects with Highways England and local authorities.
This particular Amey team will be based at Highways England's offices in Birchwood, Warrington and you will be solely working on a £50m, 5 design services contract that Amey are delivering. The contract involves the design, maintenance and delivery work on Area 10 that will cover North West of England, connecting the cities of Manchester and Liverpool, and surrounding areas and covering Cheshire, Merseyside, Greater Manchester and South Lancashire.
The modern office, with outstanding facilities will house a highly experienced team, many of which are chartered who between them hold many years' design experience within the highways industry. Anyone joining as Senior Civil Engineer will immediately benefit from being in the company of fellow engineers with significant industry experience and expertise.
Candidates who go on to achieve IEng and CEng status will receive £3000 and £5000 respectively as well as significantly advancing their earnings and career potential at the same time.
What makes this role unique?
You will be working on a new generation Design Services Contract co-located with Highways England. This will enable you to develop close working relationships with the Client to ensure projects are delivered to meet the Clients objectives of Safety, Ownership, Passion, Integrity and Teamwork..
What will this role involve?
There are two positions available - one in Highways engineering and one in Bridges/Structures, managing the appropriate technical teams.
You will be working in a client focused role on a new generation Design Support Contract with Highways England and you will need to develop and maintain a strong relationship with the client. You will be responsible to ensure portfolios of projects are delivered, cost-effective, technically sound design solutions are produced to programme and within budget checking for compliance with all relevant technical standards.
What are we looking for?
Roles and responsibilities
* Works with the principal designer to lead highway structure designs
* Ensures all aspects of the design are communicated between disciplines
* Ensure compliance with all relevant technical standards
* Works to programme to deliver specified designs on time
* Develop, and provide guidance to, less experienced staff
* Check or approve designs, design reports and other technical documents
* Check or approve design calculations
* Liaise with Community partners to ensure solutions are developed suitable for buildability and maintainability
* Provide commercial information to principal designer and Commercial Manager for Work Package pricing
* Drive effective health and safety within the Design Team
* Ensure innovation and best practice is highlighted and adopted where practicable.
* Relevant HNC/HND or degree Qualification
* 8-12 years relevant experience
Training and technical knowledge
* CDM 2015
* Personal Highways Safety (PHS)
* CSCS / ECS (or equivalent)
* Environmental Awareness
* Use of relevant Technical Software
* Whole Life Design/Buildability
* Team management
Skills and Experience
* Technical report writing skills
* Experience within the highways structures sector
* Design Experience
* Strategic and technical leadership skills
* Communications skills
* Project co-ordination and management experience
* Pricing and cost estimation
* Experience with multi-discipline teams
* Collaborative mapping and planning skills
* Experience in stakeholder engagement
* Problem Solving/Innovation and Continual Improvement
* Design team management
* Experience of working within multi-disciplinary projects
What makes this role unique?
You will ensure that good relationships with all external parties are maintained to enhance the reputation of the company and the delivery of projects to the customer.
We are recruiting for a number of positions for the Area 10 project. In order to find out more about this exciting campaign as well as what other roles are available, please visit: https://client.morson.com/amey_civil_engineering
Alternatively email or call 0161 707 1516