Manchester, Greater Manchester
11 days ago
Design Manager - Manchester - Contract
My client are a leading Tier 1 Contractor who require the services of a Design Manager with a proven track record of working on high-rise design and build contracts or similar? They are building an exciting new project in Manchester city centre with x3 14 level tower blocks.
Liaising with external architects and engineers you will assist in managing the design of our schemes ensuring that our site teams have prompt access to the latest revisions and ensuring all relevant building regulations are met.
Your duties will be wide and varied, but will include the following
- Reviewing design drawings in accordance with Building Regulations
- Review design proposals from internal and external consultants ensuring most competitive and effective solution can be sourced
- Attending internal and external meetings, including chairing and accurately taking minutes as necessary and ensuring distribution to all relevant parties
- Support the Commercial Quantity Surveying team in evaluation of alternative design solutions offered by subcontractors
- Research and develop new products for alternative forms of construction
- Monitor Health & Safety issues in accordance with chartered status requirement.
- Occasionally advise on Estimating schemes
- Any additional duties as required
To be successful in this role, you will need to possess the following skills and experience
- Requiring education/ qualification to a level of NVQ 5/ Professional qualification or equivalent qualifications.
- Good knowledge of Building Regulations
- Basic knowledge of AutoCAD design software course and Adobe Acrobat
- Strong time management and communication skills
- Good knowledge of Word and Excel
- Working towards or possessing Chartered Status in Construction (Preferable).
- This role is offering a competitive Dayrate dependent on experience
Your hours of work will be Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm .
If you would like to know more about this role or apply, please contact