Greater Manchester, England
£50000.00 - £65000.00 per annum + Car allowance plus benefits
6 months ago
Morson International are currently working alongside a leading Tier 1 Main Contractor, who are looking to recruit a Design Manager / Senior Design Manager for their central Manchester projects.
A great opportunity to join a busy major construction client who have a number of significant new build projects in central Manchester.
On offer is a highly competitive salary and package, a number of industry leading benefits, and great opportunities for further development and advancement.
The successful applicant will become a member of a pre-construction or construction team reporting to the Bid Manager or Project Manager respectively, who manages the timely delivery of technically compliant, cost efficient design solutions on construction projects during the work winning stage and/or through the project delivery stage.
The Design Manager:
- Upholds the Visions and Values of the Company
- Enables the delivery of well-considered, quality design solutions
- Plans design workloads and motivates teams of people, to work collaboratively in delivering a coordinated and coherent design
- Encourages and inspires designers to produce their best work using their full flair, experience, resources and talents in a cost effective way
- Strives to eliminate health and safety risks in the design
- Extensive experience as a Design Manager for a major building contractor
- Keeps cool under pressure and possesses good people skills with the ability to present ideas effectively and has the ability to evaluate the ideas of others
- Has in depth knowledge of the construction process
- Is an efficient document manager, well organised and able to operate and maintain the processes required by the Companys design management procedure
- Knowledge of software including AutoCAD and BIM (Building Information Modelling) Competent in MS Office applications including Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Competent in use of VfP or similar Common Date Environment
- Site Management Safety Training Scheme SMSTS
- Degree (or equivalent) in Construction Management, Structural / Civil Engineering, Architecture or other construction related discipline
- Relevant Construction Skills Certificate Card