£30.00 - £50.00 per hour
22 days ago
Must be loaded on a marine cover sheet
Will need valid SC clearance.
LTD Â£40 - Â£50 per hour Maximum
PAYE Â£30 - Â£38 per hour Maximum
Facilities Engineering Design Manager
On behalf of the Engineering Services Facilities Engineering Department, manage the delivery of complex nuclear & non-nuclear design projects, to the required scope, quality standards, schedule and cost.
Principal Tasks & Responsibilities
1. Lead and manage one or more teams of technical staff agreeing project related objectives, monitoring progress and making appropriate technical management responses from the identification of the need through to handover.
2. Ensure that the design and safety documentation covers the scope of operations required by the Project Manager or customer and is produced to agreed standards, schedule and budget.
3. Plan for effective project implementation, identifying key factors and leading the projectâ€™s technical planning process.
4. Ensure that the processes and activities being managed are appropriately documented with appropriate records maintained and configuration and quality controls applied.
5. Manage the deployment of design and safety resources against agreed budgets and schedule.
6. Manage sub-contracted design and safety packages.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
1. The Design Manager must be able to demonstrate relevant knowledge and skills required in the technical management of complex design development throughout the design lifecycle.
2. Sound understanding of industry legislation, codes & standards relating to Design Engineering Practices, Health & Safety and Quality requirements, and ability to manage projects in accordance with same.
3. Experienced in the design & substantiation of engineering systems.
4. Experienced in leading, motivating and supporting design teams.
5. Qualified to degree level in a relevant engineering discipline.
6. Chartered Engineer or able to attain Chartered status.