Up to £0.00 per annum
2 months ago
My client is a UK-based family-owned building and civil engineering company and one of the largest tier 1 contractors in the UK.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Design Manager to join our Southern Region, based initially in Woking with a view to move to Royston after 2 months, youll undertake an important lead role as part of the pre-construction work winning team.
Youll be reporting to the Regional Design Manager and fully supported by a multi-skilled management team, with access to a comprehensive and diverse range of in-house subject matter experts to support your business objectives.
This key person will deliver technically compliant, cost efficient design solutions on construction projects during the work winning stage and/or through the project delivery stage. Youll assist with submissions and have an excellent appreciation of the clients needs, ensuring that all questions have been answered in full, providing a commercial solution with the best possible chance of success.
What responsibilities will this role have?
* Establish the quality of the design and verify the stage of design development and whether any elements of the design do not comply with the Employers Requirements and issue tender queries.
* Identify, detail and evaluate areas where the compliant design could be improved such that a better value solution could be offered in the tender submission.
* Identify any errors or omissions in the tender information, and provide advice on any such errors or omissions for inclusion on the Risk and Opportunities Schedule
* Confirm the design is compliant with Statutory Requirements including the Planning Permission, Building Regulations, CDM regulations and any Contract specified Design Standards and Codes of Practice
* Assess, in conjunction with the Planning Manager, the suitability of the proposed design about the proposed method and sequence of construction and provide advice regarding proposed changes to the design.
The right person for this role will be able to immerse themselves into each project and work collaboratively with the team and external stakeholders. We are looking for a creative manager who is a confident communicator, has high attention to detail, a positive attitude and is results driven.
What Qualifications/Accreditations do you need?
* Be a member of a professional body (e.g. CIOB, RICS, ICE, RIBA)
* Experience of working within the construction industry, specifically on design and build, new build and refurbishment projects.
* Good knowledge of current CDM and Building Regulations
* Experience of managing document management systems
* Competent user of Microsoft packages e.g. Outlook, Excel, Word
* A relevant CSCS card
* A driving license
Whats in it for you?
We offer excellent benefits for our employees including a Contributory Pension and Life Assurance Scheme, discounted gym membership, staff discounts, 25 days holiday per year plus statutory holidays, Cycle to Work Scheme, private healthcare, childcare vouchers and an Employee Assistance Programme.
With an industry-leading package and exceptional training, this is your chance to develop an exciting and varied career path in a family-owned company which treats its people with courtesy and respect.
My client is an equal opportunities employer.