£65000.00 - £70000 per annum
9 months ago
My client is a UK-based family-owned building and civil engineering company. They are honoured to have worked on some of Britains most iconic buildings and projects. The values at the heart of their operations include a commitment to the highest standards of safety, quality, engineering excellence, sustainability, and an unswerving focus on the needs and aspirations of their clients.
Due to on-going project wins and numerous tenders my client are working on they are currently looking for a Design Manager with Pre-Construction experience to work from their office in Bristol. The right candidate will get involved in working on and winning tenders as well as supporting the company on projects that are already underway.
A member of a pre-construction or construction team reporting to the Bid Manager or Project Manager respectively, who manages the timely delivery of technically compliant, cost efficient design solutions on construction projects during the work winning stage and/or through the project delivery stage.
The Design Manager:
Upholds the Visions and Values of the Company
Enables the delivery of well-considered, quality design solutions
Plans design workloads and motivates teams of people, to work collaboratively in delivering a coordinated and coherent design
Encourages and inspires designers to produce their best work using their full flair, experience, resources and talents in a cost effective way
Strives to eliminate health and safety risks in the design
* Extensive experience as a Design Manager for a major building contractor
* Keeps cool under pressure and possesses good people skills with the ability to present ideas effectively and has the ability to evaluate the ideas of others
* Has in depth knowledge of the construction process
* Is an efficient document manager, well organised and able to operate and maintain the processes required by the Companys design management procedure
* Knowledge of software including AutoCAD and BIM (Building Information Modelling) Competent in MS Office applications including Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
* Competent in use of VfP or similar Common Date Environment
* Site Management Safety Training Scheme SMSTS
Degree (or equivalent) in Construction Management, Structural / Civil Engineering, Architecture or other construction related discipline
Relevant Construction Skills Certificate Card
With an industry-leading package and exceptional training, this is your chance to develop an exciting and varied career path in a family-owned company which treats its people with courtesy and respect.