Birmingham, West Midlands
Rail Technical Team
9 days ago
A leading client in the Rail Industry is recruiting for a Design Manager to work on a long-term contract basis, based in Birmingham. Excellent rates available.
As Design Manager you will:
* be the responsible for the quality of design with particular emphasis on ensuring designs are developed in accordance with requirements and the Design Vision and championing good design;
* capture lessons learnt from the previous phases and other best practice form across the wider industry;
* co-chair the Engineering Cross Consultancy Meeting (with the Civil Engineering Manager);
* jointly act as risk champion with the Civil Engineering Manager;
* be responsible for overseeing the consistent delivery
* be responsible for overseeing the consistent delivery of designs
* lead the area teams in the definition of design scope, including required investigations etc;
* oversee the integration of design interfaces
* regularly report on progress, issues and programme on all of the above.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERTISE
* Broad expertise in developing multi-disciplinary designs in a rail environment.
* Degree qualified Chartered Engineer with a demonstrable track record of succeeding in a similar role on a major rail or infrastructure project in a multi-disciplinary design and delivery environment.
* Comprehensive understanding of engineering / design matters, reporting and associated risk management.
* Strong communication and influencing skills.
* Excellent inter-personal skills with proven ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplined management team.
* Proven ability to organise and plan in order to meet project deadlines.
* Willingness to travel to meetings outside the normal place of work.
* The individual should be willing to work flexible hours in order to meet project deadlines.