Up to £0.00 per annum
3 days ago
1. Purpose of the Job
Effectively drive the delivery to programme of design with the contractor. Ensure the design is coordinated and compliant with all project specifications and standards.
2. Principal Accountabilities
* Lead and influence contractor's designers to achieve delivery of outputs to required time, cost and quality.
* Review and co-ordinate design information to provide assurance that the outputs will contribute to a coherent and safe scheme which meets project objectives.
* Liaise with contractor's design managers and other parts of the project team to ensure that overall aims are addressed.
* Drive the creation of acceptable and achievable design solutions within the programme and budget constraints.
* Effective management of external consultants to produce the information and carry out a professional review of the outputs to ensure that the design is fit for purpose.
* Coordination with other project disciplines to ensure that the design contributes to a coherent, safe and operable scheme.
* Consultation with interested parties to identify concerns and managing design work to address them.
* Close-out of the design element of the project.
* Co-ordination between packages to ensure compatibility between project elements.
* Operate within the framework set by the Principal Delivery Engineer (PDE) and Engineering Director and reports progress through regular meetings and informal review sessions with the PDE.
* Take reasonable care of your own and others' health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to the Crossrail Target Zero principles.
* Co-operate with Crossrail in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times.
Crossrail Job Description
Page 2 of 3
© Crossrail Limited
Template Number: CR-XRL-Z2-ZFM-CR001_Z-50004 Rev 2.0
* Act as a role model for Crossrail's vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with Crossrail's Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too.
* Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues.
* Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put Crossrail's information or information systems at risk.
3. Main challenges of the job
* Influencing multiple stakeholders with varying priorities.
* Support and influence the contractor's design team.
* Deliver continuous improvement in the design team.
* Working in a complex and ambiguous environment.
* Pace of the role.
4. Dimensions & Interfaces (both internal and external)
* Contractors and their design team.
* Chief Engineer's Group.
* Package Managers.
* Project delivery team.
* Engineering management.
* Handover team.
* Other transportation organisations (TfL, SRA, LUL).
5. Person Specification
* Chartered Engineer or equivalent.
* Design management experience.
* Proven multi-disciplinary experience in a railway environment.
* Professional qualifications in electrical or mechanical engineering or an associated discipline.
* A good working knowledge of the UK railways.
* Excellent inter-personal skills with proven ability to work effectively as part of a multidiscipline management team.
* Excellent written and oral presentation and communication skills.