12 days ago
Design Manager, Permanent , Bristol
The Design Manager will coordinate the correct processing of information received and issued by the design team throughout the project, to ensure the correct execution of the detailed design, installation requirements and commissioning procedures.
The overall day-to-day management of engineering activities across a broad multi-disciplined team to achieve strategic business objectives.
The design manager will have to constitute a design team according to the needs of the project and the planning, they will be helped by the HR department and project leader.
They will conduct performance assessments, and will be the guarantor of the consistency of each design produced, to meet the clients requirements.
They will be part of the key management team, which will lead the project to its success.
Electrical and mechanical verifications will also be part of the managers role along with discrepancies assessment.
Their mission will be to manage the design of the fire detection system within the nuclear power plant and all related components based on UK fire detection rules and related BS standards such as BS 5839-1, BS 9999.
- Strategic development of resources and recruitment
- Leading the design in accordance with CDM-R 2015
- Being the guarantor of the Design Quality
- Conducting team training on new business guidelines or design developments
- Design/departmental efficiency through project delivery
- Management of staff utilisation
- Client relations
- Accountability for engineering output against quality, cost, budget and programme
- Resource management for the department in coordination with each electrical and mechanical engineer
- Project reporting on weekly basis
- Development, training and progression of team members
- Demonstrably proactive, self-driven and assertive. High levels of influence and strong leadership capability. External client management
- Ability to manage large projects within scope and budget
- Knowledge of nuclear power plant requirement will be seen as a plus
- Being flexible and dependable
- Team Leader able to meet planning requirements and deadlines
- Experience in electrical and mechanical works and familiarity
- Ideally degree qualified- Masters or equivalent in a technical/engineering or related discipline. Or relevant professional qualification.
- Minimum 10 years within a highly regulated multi-discipline environment essential, with nuclear experience being a plus.