£30.00 - £60.00 per hour
19 days ago
There is a requirement to modify a number of SRC and 14 Dock services and structures in order to provide a sustainable Swiftsure Class (S-Class) and Trafalgar Class (T-Class) submarine De-fuelling capability in Devonport Dockyard.
The purpose of this Programme is to provide a flexible organisation to coordinate, direct and oversee all of the projects and activities necessary to safely deliver the above outcome to time cost and quality.
14 Dock, within the SRC, has been identified as the designated dock for the out of service Swiftsure Class (S-Class) and Trafalgar Class (T-Class) submarines. This designation of 14 Dock as the single Laid Up Submarines (LUSM) docking facility will provide a key enabler to the Authority's overall strategy for the dismantling of out of service Nuclear submarines.
A programme of assessments and physical works has been ongoing to maintain and improve the performance of the various systems and structures within the Facility under normal and extreme scenarios. However, this will not provide the necessary capability consequently, Babcock is mobilising a team to undertake the necessary work.
The Key objective of this Programme is to:
- Safely deliver a reliable and sustainable PWR1 de-fuelling capability in 14 Dock
You will be responsible for leading or supporting a design team delivering complex nuclear and non-nuclear projects. We are looking for individuals to manage both new-build infrastructure as well as projects relating to the development of existing dockyard and naval base assets.
Duties could include
- Designing projects to meet cost, programme and quality requirements.
- Implementing Babcock's design processes and contributing to their ongoing development.
- Helping to develop and sustain a Design Authority capability.
- Defining and maintaining the Design Intent of a wide range of facilities and assets.
- Managing technical design packages.
- Planning for effective project implementation and lead in the technical planning process.
- Ensuring that effective safety quality management arrangements are in place and adhered to.
- Liaising closely with other teams and stakeholders.
Skills and qualifications
- Qualified to degree level in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Chartered Engineer or able to attain chartership status.
- Experienced in the design and substantiation of engineering systems.
- Experienced in leading, motivating and supporting design teams.
- Experienced in design process management.
- Working within strict regulatory environments (safety, quality and security)
- Knowledgeable of operating within nuclear or other high-hazard environments