Oldham, Greater Manchester
£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
3 months ago
We are currently seeking a Design Manager for our client's Manufacturing business in the Oldham area.
The successful candidate will lead a team of of five in the technical office that produces bespoke innovative designs, detailed manufacturing drawings, bills of material and general arrangement drawings.
The position will focus predominately on your management skills, creativity, product development and ensuring a high quality and accurate service for the business.
* Develop, lead and manage the Technical team to ensure a high level of quality, accuracy and productivity.
* Oversee initial design concepts through post concept approval to site survey and the production of detail drawings and bills of materials.
* Liaise with internal colleagues, clients, Architects and Sub-Contractors.
* Manage the department's CAD systems (including upgrades and licensing), maintaining and updating the CAD drawings and Excel template library.
* Liaise with external Structural Engineers, where necessary.
* Administrate numerous and often challenging orders to strict deadlines and shipping dates.
* Assist production with technical problems and product development.
Essential Skills / Experience:
* Strong people skills and leadership capabilities.
* Experience within lightweight structures or fabrication/sheet metal industries.
* Experience with 2D and 3D CAD packages are essential. Knowledge of Desktop-Inventor, Radan-Radraft and Radan-3D would be advantageous, must be fully Microsoft Office literate, with intermediate Excel skills.
* Experience of product design, NPD and 3D prototyping.
* A proven track record in technical design, in a manufacturing environment with a Mechanical Engineering Degree, HND or equivalent would be preferred.
* Naturally, you will have a successful track record in technical design, in a manufacturing environment, possibly with an engineering background.
* Solid judgement along with decision making skills.
* You will be collaborative and team centric, with strong communication and customer skills when dealing with clients, contractors and shop-floor personnel.
Please note the consultant looking after this position is Tahanee Twist