£500 - £550 per day
Rail Technical Team
24 days ago
Morson International are recruiting for a Traction & Rolling Stock Installation Design Engineer
Working as part of a close-knit team the Installation Design Engineer will have an area of specialism and a wide knowledge of the industry especially in regard to retrofitting train control systems. The Installation Design Engineer will work within the on-board train fitment design team to ensure the installation design engineering requirements on the project are correctly captured and delivered.
* Will play a key role in delivering in-house design solutions for retrofit design projects.
* Will take an active role in liaison with third-party design companies to ensure commonality of designs is achieved.
* In depth practical knowledge and experience of designing the retro-fitment installation of train systems, in particular ETCS, TPWS, AWS, GSM-R, Wi-Fi, CCTV and DAS.
* The application design of standard hardware in an on-train environment and documentation of the application design for train carried systems.
* Ability to understand and capture installation design requirements (specifications, scenarios, rules, etc.) relating to the subsystem.
* Previous experience of using Solid Edge 3D CAD system.
* Working with the Electrical Systems Engineer, the ability to produce 2D electrical design information, in particular circuit diagrams, wiring diagrams and cable assembly/harness drawings.
* Ability to produce 3D CAD models of all areas of the vehicle.
* Ability to design equipment mounting brackets/supports.
* Ability to produce manufacturing and assembly drawings to exact standards and quality.
* Experience of leading/participating in vehicle surveys to ensure sufficient information is gathered to facilitate the production of installation designs.
* Awareness of depot procedures and site safety.
* An understanding of the approvals process required to modify a train and bring it back into service.
* Read and review requirements, creating written comments and attending reviews as required.
* Review engineering data for completeness and consistency.
* Review product installation designs to ensure adherence to guidelines and installation constraints
* Previous experience in application designs for maintenance.
* Previous experience in liaising with subcontractors throughout the whole project life cycle.
* Experience of working to industry quality and safety standards.
* Specific knowledge of implementing ETCS and/or CBTC systems and GSM-R systems
* Proven track record in working in major Sub-contract environments
* Previous experience of using MicroStation CAD system
* Previous experience of using AutoCAD CAD system