Up to £35.00 per hour
15 days ago
Design Engineer - Landing Gear (ATA32)
Morson International are currently seeking an experienced Landing Gear Design Engineer to join a leading Aerospace Manufacturer on an initial 9-Month Contract at their Filton Office.
Please see below for details:
Pay Rate: £35.00 per hour LTD
Duration: 9 Month Contract
Location: Filton, Bristol
As an ATA32 Engineer you will be responsible for carrying out landing gear installation design modifications and investigations in support of the landing gear and associated equipment installations for in-service and Final Assembly Line (FAL). Equipment installations include wheels, brakes, brake manifolds, hubcaps, brake cooling fans, lights, etc.
* Completion of interface drawing definition between landing gears, airframe and equipment.
* Completion of Data for Manufacture (DFM / definition dossier) in relation to modifications.
* Support to the Final Assembly Line in resolving landing gear related installation issues.
* Undertake clearance studies using 3D modelling.
* Creating/updating interface definition between landing gears and airframe, and landing gears and equipment.
* Creating/updating installation DFM, including installation of landing gears into the airframe, and installation of equipment onto the landing gears, in accordance with mod requirements. Installation DFM includes drawings, design instructions, frontier definition, ground line geometry, etc.
* Conducting clearance studies, using Catia Kinematics, to demonstrate adequate clearance between landing gears, dressings and equipment within the airframe.
* All activities are carried out in compliance with Airbus and CoC policies for design and installation.
* Interfacing with customers and stakeholders during execution of tasks, e.g. FAL, LG structures engineers, LG equipment engineers, Airframe Design teams, chief engineers, configuration managers, etc.
* Previous landing gear experience a bonus, not essential.
* Ability to deliver engineering solutions to time, cost, and quality, using appropriate processes, tools & methods.
* Previous experience in using Airbus processes and procedures for design (DE.PA.03.01) a bonus.
* Experience of mechanical installation, hydraulic and electrical installation.
* Experienced in configuration control and product structure requirements.
* Ability to work autonomously, and as part of a multi-functional team.
* Able to analyse and apply tolerances, limits & fits.
* Familiar with metallic materials, material compatibility, electrical bonding, lubrication, etc.
* DMU management experience a bonus.
* Previously held check or approval signatory or willingness to Develop toward check signatory would be beneficial.
* Catia V5 R21 (Essential)
- Experience must be current or no less recent than six months
* DPDS (Essential)
* Optegra (Essential)
* ICC (Read Access)
* Catia V5 Kinematics (Beneficial)
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: We seek a Design Engineer who has ideally worked in an Aerospace or Defence environment in the UK within the last 12 months, or who is capable of obtaining Baseline Security Clearance (BPSS).