North West England, England
£25000.00 - £28000.00 per annum + benefits
about 1 year ago
Our client are a leading media advertising company. Their product design department based in Bolton is looking for an experienced Design Engineer to join their team. The right candidate will be able to work largely unsupervised but supported as part of a larger team. Ability to follow mechanical drawings, circuit diagram, datasheets etc is essential together with a high attention to detail and pride in their work.
This role while primarily product interconnect design will involve all aspects involved in the products including electronics, mechanical, documentation and verification.
While an electro mechanical/ systems interconnect background is preferable this role is a multi-skilled position including electrical, electronics, mechanical and test. The successful candidate will work in both electrical, mechanical and limited electronics areas under the support of a senior engineer for each discipline. The position suits a person with good electrical wiring design skill looking to expand their skill set with training being provided from senior engineers in the various disciplines and external training where appropriate.
The role will also cover support for manufacturing during design to manufacture hand over and initial support for field service as new designs are deployed to the field. This will involve limited travel in the UK and overseas.
* Design Engineer (Electrical).
Duties will typically include
* Design of interconnect wiring systems for digital displays.
* Working with electronics, mechanical and other disciplines to design and release products.
* Electrical interconnect documentation and drawings.
* Manufacture of product wiring loom/interconnects for prototypes
* Assist in manufacture of prototype.
* Assist in testing and monitoring of new and current products to support new hardware and software.
* Producing detailed reports on activities undertaken.
* Support of manufacturing during new product handover.
* Support of field service during new product deployment.
* Ability to specify and design electrical wiring interconnects/looms in low and medium voltage applications.
* Ability to read and understand mechanical and electrical drawings and overview of electronic schematics.
* Excellent attention to detail and quality.
* Ability to produce and maintain good support documentation.
* Good communications skills.
* Ability to be part of a skilled fast moving team to deliver projects on time.
* Ability to support others during manufacturing hand over and field deployment.
* Wide range of skills to cover the diverse range of activities associated with this position.
* Desire to learn and expand their skillset.
* Familiar with PC programs, particularly Excel and Word.
* Full driving licence essential.
* Experience working with Altium an advantage.
* Mechanical drawing creation and working with 2D/3D packages (Autocad, Solidworks etc)
* Experience working with Solidworks PDM an advantage.
Interested? Please send your CV or call 0161 707 1516