Up to £28.00 per hour
4 months ago
Morson International have an exciting opportunity for a Design Engineer to join a leading defence company on an initial 5-month contract at their base in Portsmouth. Working within the Naval Ships programme.
Please see below for details:
Pay Rate: £28 per Hour LTD
Duration: 6 Months
- To undertake a defined range of detail design activities in line with all relevant processes and quality requirements, supplying advice and support to operations and other functions, ensuring defined objectives are achieved whilst continually maintaining quality and service requirement.
- Operate within the functionality of the appropriate tools and techniques (e.g. Autocad, Inventor, Foran etc) as directed by his/her supervisor.
- Produce and develop designs in line with specifications and all quality and technical standards, and carry out detail design appraisals in assigned areas to ensure all standards are maintained, taking due cognisance of Designing for Production.
- Carry out investigations into operational problems or developments, develop, and prepare solutions, individually or as a member of a team.
- Support the development of best practice to increase the capability, performance of tools and processes
- To identify personal training requirements, skills gaps and development requirements in own discipline.
- Keep up to date in relevant technical areas, develop skills and capabilities to be able to provide more effective services (seeking and sharing good practice and knowledge to continuously improve practices), and supply technical support and expertise to others as required.
- Conduct ship trials and surveys.
- Provide help and direction to less experienced team members to support both their effective working and their development.
- Be cognisant of assigned budgets,
- Advise/instruct apprentices and trainees of similar discipline in the technical content of work.
- Answer Technical queries about his/her own work and that of subordinates within their level of knowledge and competency.
- Requires detailed and comprehensive understanding of design concepts and principles relating to the relevant engineering discipline (mechanical, electrical or structural). Has significant experience and able to apply knowledge to a wide range of design issues.
- Has a depth of understanding within own discipline and is able to discuss and understand context and implication of technical issues across a limited number of other engineering disciplines pertinent to Ship Engineering.