East Midlands, England
Up to £0.00 per day + +
Rail Technical Team
6 months ago
12 Months +
Our client are a global engineering, construction and project management company who deliver landmark projects that create long-term progress and economic growth. Their expertise includes Infrastructure, Mining & Metals, Nuclear, Security, Environmental, Oil, Gas & Chemicals in 160 countries on all seven continents. The company and culture are built on over a century of leadership and relentless adherence to values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics and integrity.
The role will support a large mobilisation programme delivering cost-effective design solutions that comply with project and its statutory requirements, supporting the Senior Area Engineer.
The job holder will review and assess technical submissions from PSCs determining compliance with standards and requirements.
- Deliver safe and affordable design solutions that meet requirements and ensure value for money at each stage of development.
- Support PSCs, drawing on expertise, informing and supporting the delivering design work that complies with requirements.
- Identify and assess design risks within the project.
- Ensure technical submissions comply with the accepted format and design requirements.
- Provide technical engineering input, designs, documentation and responses supporting the hybrid bill through parliament including additional provisions, freedom of information requests, and technical requests.
- Attend public consultation and planning forums, working with local communities identifying priorities.
- Support Senior Area Engineer in liaising with external stakeholders fully capturing their input and balance that with the overall business and technical requirements.
- Explore opportunities for developing local community benefits and solutions under the direction of the Area Manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERTISE
- Demonstrable knowledge of engineering design principles achieving optimal design outputs.
- Ability to carry out robust independent checks on a wide variety of designs and produce, interpret and assess specifications, standards and technical reports.
- Ability to resolve complex design problems, demonstrating a tenacious approach tackling problems whilst maintaining attention to detail.
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with a range of multidisciplinary stakeholders, demonstrating strong influencing skills.
- Communicate, engage and influence a variety of external stakeholders at public forums.
- Ability to communicate complex issues to stakeholders.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills, strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Strong planning and organisational skills, delivering under pressure meeting tight deadlines whilst gathering input from other functions.
- Extensive experience of design and engineering, ranging from feasibility to detail design, working on large, complex infrastructure projects.
- Experience of consultant management and compliance.
- Degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering.
- Achieved or working towards professional member status.