Up to £200 per day
Vital Bristol Technology
3 months ago
Our client are one of the world's leading project development and construction groups and they are looking for a Highway Design Engineer to be based in Peterborough.
You will be required to support the highway engineering design team based in our Eastern area design team. Reporting to a Senior Engineer/Team Leader you will be working as part of a small team of Civil Engineers, Assistant Engineers and Technicians. You will play an important role in the delivery of a wide variety of highway schemes from the design of major bypass and link road schemes through to junction improvements, cycleway and traffic calming schemes.
- Design a range of highway improvement and traffic engineering schemes from small scale city centre cycling & pedestrian improvements, to major new highway infrastructure and sustainable transport projects.
- Work closely with project managers and other local teams to plan and implement a variety of highway and transport schemes from 'cradle to grave' within budget and to programme, and in compliance with quality, safety and environmental objectives.
- Consult with a range of internal and external stakeholders at all stages of a scheme.
- Ensure that relevant standards are applied in accordance with national & local criteria and sound engineering practice to deliver appropriate solutions which offer best value.
- Use the HA Specification for Highway Works.
- Prepare technical reports and documents.
We're looking for:
- Track record for delivering highways and transport design projects, as part of a team of professional engineers.
- Working knowledge of Design Manual for Roads and Bridges/Specification for Highway Works relating to the design and maintenance of local authority highway and transport schemes.
- Working knowledge of the design & delivery of highway infrastructure projects using BIM/Digital Engineering software, systems and data.
- Skills using software such as AutoCAD Civils 3D/Bentley MX Roads and WinDES Microdrainage
- A relevant Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent, or Foundation Degree/HNC/HND together with sufficient post qualification experience.
- Able to communicate and liaise professionally with clients.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
- A UK/EEC driving licence.
Please note this is a contract position due to run until 31/03/2019
If you do not hear from us within seven days, then your application has not been successful on this occasion. We may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly