Katie Robson Hill
12 days ago
Morson International are currently recruiting for a Design Engineer on a permanent basis in the Bedfordshire area. This is an exciting opportunity to join an aerospace and defence manufacturer who have an established engineering team, working on new and existing projects.
You will be the main point of contact for a particular product stream. The team and customers will look for leadership and guidance from this individual with respect to Design Engineering matters.
The successful candidate will be qualified, in a relevant engineering discipline, and have a demonstrable interest in product design and development. You will be able to lead projects and balance at the same time the support of daily activities their Manufacturing facilities.
- Main Engineering point of contact for one of their product streams
- Daily support of manufacturing streams from a Design Engineering point of view
- Responsibility to lead technical projects with minimal supervision
- Development of novel solutions to meet customer requirements and support bid activities
- Preparation of technical reports and design documents to support internal and external reviews
- Requirements management
- Specifying, developing and co-ordinating test activities
- Customer and supplier liaison
- Make airworthiness decisions based on solid engineering logic, data and experience
- The possibility to support the development of new technologies
We are looking for someone who is ideally degree qualified with experience in design and/or manufacturing. Knowledge of system design is highly desirable as well as experience in the design of electrical components. Experience with composites and knowledge of airworthiness standards is also highly beneficial.