£0.00 - £50000.00 per annum
5 months ago
Job Title: Design Engineer
Reports to: Engineering Manager/Senior engineer
Accountable to: Head of Technical
Job Purpose: To manage the engineering design from land appraisal through to construction issue.
Budgets: Design within budget set by others and report any overspend to Engineering Manager/Senior engineer.
Scope: The role of the Technical Department in an Operating Company is to provide a practical and cost effective technical service to the company.
This will encompass site evaluation, architectural and engineering design, the investigations of any technical problems encountered and provision of economical and viable solutions. This may involve liaison with, appointment of and co-ordination of external professionals.
The technical department are involved with OUR CLIENT product from inception to completion.
1. Full design of roads, sewers, private drainage and external works using Windes, PDS and Autocad. Including relevant drainage calculations and designers risk assessments.
2. Assist in the production of layouts and technical report for Land Appraisals and required working drawings.
3. Work with the planning department to obtain initial comments from Highway and drainage authorities prior to planning submission.
4. Prepare outline engineering schematics for Land Appraisals including constraints plans.
5. Cut/fill calculations and material management plans.
6. SUD's design and approvals with local authorities up to the point of adoption.
7. Provide swept path analysis for planning/highway approvals.
8. Value engineer all designs.
9. Provide support to engineers in relation to design queries.
10. Initial negotiations/enquiries with statutory bodies and utility undertakers on environmental, drainage, highways and other engineering issues when apprising land.
11. Agree drainage discharge rates with relevant bodies.
12. Manage technical submissions for approval by statutory authorities (e.g. S104, S38, S278) and see through to completion.
13. Issue engineering information to Commercial, Construction and Sales departments
14. Fee negotiation and appointment of consultants if required.
15. Comply with responsibilities as laid down in the Group's Health, Safety and Environment Policy.
16. At all times comply with company policies, procedures and instructions.
17. Implement new ideas and methods and continue to seek ways of both improving contribution to the organisation's goals and enhancing the reputation of the company.
Decision Making Authority:
* Appointment of Consultants in consultation with line manager
* Agreement of fees for consultants in line with budget
* Agreement of details with statutory authorities
These are illustrative duties and the post holder will be expected to become involved in a range of work to enable the department to respond effectively to the requirements of the Company.