£30.00 - £35.00 per annum
28 days ago
Morson International are recruiting on behalf of our major Defence client for an experienced Design Draughtsman. It is an exciting opportunity with potential of flexible working arrangements for the right candidate.
As a CAD Draughtsperson in In-Service Support you will
* Model 2D CAD and hand-drawn drawings in 3D CAD Packages.
* Undertake revision of drawings in 3D CAD packages.
* Part time use of 2D AutoCAD.
* Undertake design modifications as directed by senior support engineers.
* Produce change records in accordance with the company process.
* Maintain configuration control of drawings.
* Reflect configuration changes in company Product Lifecycle Management tool, IFS.
HNC/HND or Degree in Mechanical Engineering
Candidates without this qualification will be considered, if they can demonstrate considerable relevant experience.
* Proficient at 3D CAD, NX desierable
* Experience of AUTOCAD 2D.
* Good, broad, mechanical engineering knowledge.
* Good understanding of engineering drawing configuration control.
* Good understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
* Conversant with Microsoft Office packages.
* Ability to work to time, budget and strict quality requirements.
* Ability to develop and apply logical, engineering arguments.
* Team player but equally capable of working on their own.
* Accurate and concise with information provided.
Skills which would be an advantage
* Experience with Weapon Handling and Launch Systems for Submarines or other naval engineering or similar high integrity industry.
* Experience with Teamcenter Product Data Management system preferred. Experience with other PDM systems will be considered
* Experience with IFS Product Lifecycle Management tool, Experience with other PLM systems will be considered