£0.00 - £60000.00 per annum
3 months ago
A Design and Build manager manages all the processes in relation to producing a set of drawings that a building can be built from.
This can be a challenging and highly satisfying role with the manager being a key part from submission to the success. You must be a highly motivated, professional individual and be able to apply their organisational skills to bring together architects, structural engineers and services engineers, along with specialist designers, with the aim of producing a coordinated design.
Salary: Up to £60K depending on experience, pension and company car.
Location: Working in either office, Chelmsford and Ipswich.
* Assist with the bid manager and pre con teams
* Have excellent time management skills.
* Articulate in the bid process and contributes content.
* Experience in all forms of contract and single and two stage tendering.
* Managing a design team.
* Managing the design process using his/her commercial, contractual, programme/time awareness and technical expertise.
* Supporting, understanding and advising the client as to the requirements and his/her obligations in the development of a building design.
* Encouraging design consultants to produce their best work using their full flair, experience, resources and talents in the most cost effective way.
* Ensuring the design process recognises current legislation, standards and codes of practice, where appropriate.
* Ensuring design information is of the right quality and keeps pace with project timescales.
* Striving to eliminate health and safety risks in the design and financial risks during construction.
The Design and Build Manager must be a good forward planner and excellent motivator. Manage large teams with different goals to enable them to work together to produce a coordinated and coherent design. They need to be able to keep calm under pressure having great people skills, the ability present their ideas effectively and to be able to evaluate the ideas of others whilst in meetings. They need an in-depth knowledge of all aspects of a construction project and be efficient document managers.