Up to £0.00 per annum
11 days ago
1. Purpose of the Job
To provide managerial support the Deputy Chief Executive.
(This role would be suitable as a development role on secondment from TfL to give a young professional insight and experience of major programme management at a senior level)
2. Principal Accountabilities
* Act as Secretariat to the Crossrail Steering Group.
* Manage the Crossrail Art Programme.
* Working with relevant internal and external stakeholders (principally the CRL Chief of Staff and the Joint Sponsor Team), ensure CRL responds appropriately to the January 2019 KPMG Reviews and subsequent (if any) KPMG Reviews.
* Management and coordination of the DCEO's budget area and business plans, including the DCEO's reporting functions.
* Preparation of presentations, papers and reports for the CRL Board, CRL Audit and Assurance Committee, Sponsor Board and Executive Group.
* Working with the Head of Strategy, lead or support workstreams to deliver the DCEO's accountabilities
* Coordination of the Deputy CEO's team inputs to the CRL Board Report (periodically), the CRL Audit and Assurance Committee (quarterly) and the Semi Annual Construction Report (SACR).
* Direction and control of consultants employed by the DCEO on behalf of CRL.
* Act as secretary of the DCEO team meeting.
* Support the DCEO in responding to actions from the business fully and in a timely manner.
* Be prepared to taken on a wide variety of tasks at short notice.
* Take reasonable care of your own and others' health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to the Crossrail Target Zero principles
Page 2 of 2
* Co-operate with Crossrail in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times
* Act as a role model for Crossrail's vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with Crossrail's Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too
* Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues
* Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put Crossrail's information or information systems at risk
3. Main challenges of the job
* Maintaining a responsive and flexible approach to changing programme priorities.
* Working in a collaborative manner across the matrix organisation.
* Working to tight timescales.
4. Dimensions & Interfaces (both internal and external)
* Working at Executive and Board level with regular interaction with the CEO and Board members
* Management of consultant resources as required
* Internal interfaces - Board members, Directors, Executive Team, Chief of Staff
* External interfaces - Sponsor Board, Joint Sponsor Team, TfL
5. Person Specification
* Degree level education
* Ability to translate programme challenges into relevant responses
* Recent experience of major programmes
* Knowledge of TfL an advantage
* Ability to work at all levels of the organisation, especially influencing senior leaders
* Collaborative and energetic approach
* High personal standards of work
* Willingness to take on a variety of tasks at short notice.