Birmingham, West Midlands
Rail Technical Team
8 months ago
Deputy Area Manager - Project Controls
Location: Birmingham, United Kingdom
Our client are a global engineering, construction and project management company who deliver landmark projects that create long-term progress and economic growth. Their expertise includes Infrastructure, Mining & Metals, Nuclear, Security, Environmental, Oil, Gas & Chemicals in 160 countries on all seven continents. The company and culture are built on over a century of leadership and relentless adherence to values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics and integrity.
Purpose of the Job
To act as support in implementing project level processes and activities that relate to the commercial management of the project including, but not limited to, monitoring of procurement, cost, finance, schedule, risk management, compliance with contractual terms, cost verification, project staffing registers / forecasts and the timely resolution of contract change.
- Providing oversight of all commercial activities to check that Corporate Governance is adhered to.
- Directing and providing functional oversight of cost, planning, risk, finance procurement, cost verification and contract administration activities.
- Overseeing the effective implementation of Project Control systems including cost, schedule & risk in accordance with project procedures. Developing, interpreting, and executing policy, objectives, and standards applicable to cost, schedule and risk activities.
- Implementing and overseeing appropriate mechanisms and procedures to monitor compliance with contract terms and conditions and to check the timely resolution of contract change.
- Reviewing & recommending staffing needs for cost, schedule, risk and contract administration activities.
- Maintaining project staffing registers / forecasts
- Working with Project Managers in the assessment of recovery and mitigation actions and making recommendations.
- Maintaining liaison with Area Business Manager to coordinate workload and staffing plans, work processes, and procedures.
- Undertaking or managing reviews and analysis of the schedule, cost and risk position (on behalf of the Project Manager or Area Business Manager)
- Providing project specific cost, schedule and risk data to the Area Business Manager to support the overall programme reporting of schedule, scope, risk and change.
- Degree in Engineering, Business, Quantity Surveying, Law, or Construction Management. or equivalent experience.
- Construction experience on a mega Project is desirable
- Experience and courses in cost engineering, planning, risk, pricing, contract law, contract drafting, administration and negotiation of change orders, and effective correspondence.
- Knowledge of contract administration (NEC 3), quantity surveying, home office and site procedures and documents relating to a large scale, multi-discipline construction project.
- Working knowledge of engineering/construction industry contracting practices.
- Significant experience of dealing with large civil works and / or M&E packages as needed
- Experience of operating strategically and commercially in numerous functional areas / matrix organisation