£50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
Our client are a leading service and equipment provider to the rail and construction industries and operate UK wide. They have benefited from a period of investment, which includes their Birmingham hub, which underwent a significant refit in recent years.
The business are looking for a rail manager, which is akin to a Depot Manager or Operations Manager. They are looking for someone, not necessarily from within the rail sector who has come from a similar technical industry background and can lead from the front and integrate positive change and influence/guide the team to achieve success.
Candidates should be able to deal with multiple stakeholders/personality types and adapt their approach to different audiences, including clients and internal board level employees. The role offers a generous basic salary as well as car allowance and bonus.
* Reporting to the Regional Operations Director, the Rail Services Manager will have overall responsibility for the smooth operations and development of their assigned Depot.
* Be responsible for managing all aspects of Rail services, including machine hire, account management and maintaining a working relationship with Customers in day-to-day activities in meeting Customer demands.
* Ensuring a high level of internal and external satisfaction, whilst ensuring all safety, budgetary, delivery and quality requirements of the business are effectively executed within their function.
* Overseeing all aspects of administration, financial control and management of staff issues.
* Identify any areas of improvement and cost savings and recommend any new business solutions.
* Promote and encourage Health and Safety awareness throughout our business.
* Identifying business development opportunities.
* Be a role model for function, encourage and nurture World Class practises to ensure both short and long-term Depot activities and development of these reflect the needs of the business.
* Demonstrate ability to manage pressure and stress in a busy work environment where demands from all levels need to be correctly prioritised and managed in both an efficient and cost-effective way.
* Highly tuned financial skills and ability to manage departmental budget effectively where the best option undertaken demonstrate best value for money.
* A highly driven self-motivated confident individual with the natural ability to influence and inspire others.
* Must have excellent communication skills and be a good listener.
* Have a clear understanding of the business and Client needs and the ever-changing challenges of the Rail Industry.
* Must be able to carry out presentations to stakeholder audiences' information that is clearly understood and pitched at the right level.
* Must have significant problem-solving experience
* Be able to work with a number of stakeholders at all levels and managing cost effectively.
* Have a strong Safety and Compliance background and champion continuous improvement activities within function area.
* Work closely with other Key personnel and ensuring that policy and procedures are adhered to
* Extensive successful experience of Customer Service
* To be prepared to share knowledge and to absorb new innovative methods.
* To possess integrity and professionalism at all times.
* Management style very much 'hands on' and proactive with ability to manage fire-fighting situations as these arise.
* Be passionate about business development, think things through and have a 'can do attitude'.
* Always adhere to Health and Safety Rules
* Plans and maintains current and future workload requirements for Depot.
* Drives a culture of Customer focus within their function to support turnover and profit growth plans for Depot.
* Drives a culture of continuous improvement for team
* Drives a culture of continuous improvement for team, involving all staff from a cross section of the function across Depot and the business.
* To provide regular reports to the Regional Operations Director and Board members on Depot activities against agreed targets KPI (Key Performance Indicators) and MPI (Maintenance Performance Indicators).
* Work alongside the Regional Operations Director in relation to Budget and P&L administration and preparation, identify improvements on cost savings.
* To liaise closely with potential and existing Customers in conjunction with Business Development for commercial rates.
* To carry out site visits with Customers to advise on Plant required.
* A qualification in Business Management would be desirable from any Industry.
* To be qualified at minimum to IOSH or preferably NEBOSH General Certification or equivalent for Health and Safety responsibilities.
* Computer literate in MS office package
* Must hold a valid PTS card endorsed with AC and/or DC lines (DCCR).
* Manual Handling.
* Working at Height.
Interested? Please send your CV or call 07890 609 653