about 1 month ago
Job Title: Demand Planning Manager
Salary: Competitive Package
Occasionally an opportunity arise to join a company that has a true team culture, from the boardroom to the shop floor, with everyone united in trying to make that business as good as it can be. Sometimes an opportunity comes along with a company that has a long and stable history of successful family ownership with a sound financial base and an exciting future.
Rarely, you see both - and this is that opportunity, and the company in Evans Vanodine.
Evans Vanodine International Plc are a Preston based, privately owned manufacturing company who are leaders in industrial hygiene and livestock protection. Established in 1919, the company has manufactured disinfectants and liquid soaps ever since with a pivotal moment in 1950 when the iodine disinfectant Vanodine was developed; a product which still today is classed as one of the finest within its's field.
The family ownership of the company has continued to this day and is key to the culture and stability of the business and why people truly enjoy working there.
Due to continued success, the organisation is looking to recruit a Demand Planning Manager. This is a newly created role, offering a successful candidate the opportunity to design and deliver a brand new demand planning function for Evans Vanodine! The role will look to build a timely and flawless execution of a monthly forecasting process, developing an accurate demand forecast which is both cost effective for the business but also encouraging further customer satisfaction within their market.
- Ensuring data integrity of the demand history and demand forecast data within the demand forecasting system
- Collecting, processing and incorporating demand forecast information from a variety of sources
- Having full ownership of the baseline demand forecast but ensuring acceptance from the various stakeholders within the wider business e.g. sales, production, marketing, finance, purchasing and customer service
- Critical to the above will be effective communication across the various stakeholders to ensure the smooth delivery of the demand forecast
- Develops the monthly KPI package and drives improvements related to demand management
- Follows up with required stakeholders to resolve forecast issues and improve their accuracy
- Provide facilitation and support for S&OP monthly meetings across the business
- Look to encourage the development of the MRP system currently in place to develop a more smooth demand planning process in the medium to long term
- Work closely with key stake holders around capacity planning, stock control, despatch, to better develop the understanding and execution of demand planning
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- A degree or equivalent qualification in Business, Supply Chain Management or equivalent industry experience
- Experience in Demand Forecasting in an FMCG environment
- Experience of working with data management systems (MRP, forecasting, planning) and performing data analysis
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate across various levels within a business to successfully deliver a new demand planning function
- Previous experience of developing and upgrading demand planning processes would be beneficial
- Excellent analytically and mathematical skills
- Excellent Excel skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills and specifically with sales, production, marketing, purchasing and customer service
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong IT skills
The company prides itself on creating an inspiring environment for employees, generating an ethos of entrepreneurial spirit and rewarding opportunities. There are definite long term career options for the right candidate, plus a great environment to work in.
To apply, please email a copy of your most up to date CV or call Tom Wowk on 0161 707 1516 for more details. All 3rd party CV's will be sent to Morson for further consideration.