6 months ago
Job Title: Demand Planning Manager
A leading global manufacturer is looking to recruit a proven and experienced Demand Planning Manager to capitalise on year on year growth and look to analyse supply chain performance and deliver import projects to further support/solidify the business' operation.
The Demand Planning Manager is responsible for the timely and flawless execution of the monthly demand forecasting process. The role will generating an accurate demand forecast on a customer/product level to be used as input for the supply planning.
The role will support the continuous improvement of the demand forecasting process by measuring and effectively communicating forecast accuracy, suggesting improvements to the process and driving necessary changes to improve the measures.
- Ensuring data integrity of the demand history and demand forecast data
- within the demand forecasting system
- Collecting, processing and incorporating demand forecast information (customer intelligence, customer forecasts, new product launch data) from different sources
- Having full ownership of the baseline demand forecast but ensuring acceptance from the business unit directors and sales through collaboration and clear communication
- Communicating and getting acceptance from the business units on the total demand forecast
- Analyses Key Customer ordering patterns, product sales trends, and the impact of Product/Marketing plans on the regions to improve predictability of forecasts
- Follows up with required stakeholders to resolve forecast issues and improve their accuracy
- Identifies risks and opportunities and develops scenario plans to optimize business results
- Supports preparation and facilitation of Demand Reviews and other associated IBP meetings, including consolidation and distribution of presentation materials, presentation of plans, meeting notes/action items, etc.
- Calculating monthly forecast accuracy measures at different levels and analysing the demand forecast accuracy data to understand the root causes for errors
- Reporting demand forecast accuracy metrics and root causes for errors to business unit directors, sales and supply chain
- Suggesting to business unit directors possible improvements on the demand forecasting process, getting agreement and following up on the implementation of improvement action
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Bachelor of Science or equivalent in Business Administration, Management, Sales, Marketing, or related field
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, with the ability to build credible relationships with multiple functions
- Demonstrated skills interacting at various levels of an organization
- Experience in Demand Planning and/or Sales & Operations Planning required
- Strong project management skills
- Experience implementing new business processes and driving organizational change
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills including statistical analysis
- Advanced knowledge of operations/manufacturing systems, including S&OP/MRP concepts
- Advanced knowledge of S&OP systems and processes
- Experience in Customer Services, Demand Forecasting or Supply Planning within a Regulated Manufacturing environment
- Experience of working with data management systems (ERP, forecasting, planning) and performing data analysis
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills
- Excellent Excel skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong IT skills
The company prides itself on creating an inspiring environment for employees, generating an ethos of entrepreneurial spirit and rewarding opportunities. There are definite long term career options for the right candidate, plus a great environment to work in.
To apply, please email a copy of your most up to date CV or call Tom Wowk on 0161 707 1516 for more details. Please note - if you have not received any feedback within 5 days, your application was not successful on this occasion.