£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
12 days ago
Forecasting Manager - North Somerset
This role takes responsibility for the forecast inputs within the business. The role combines cross-functional working with the Product and Marketing Department, along with Sales to take ownership for all live and new product forecasts. The Forecasting Manager seeks forecasts from divisions Export, Specification, Retail and Trade and is responsible for ensuring that their different service expectations are met. Assist the management, training and development of the Demand Analysts that report to the Forecasting Manager.
Specific job role responsibilities:
* Lead the dedicated forecasting team which is responsible for
o Generating sales forecasts and component forecasts for purchase items and production items.
o Deciding safety stock figures for purchase and production items, review these parameters and look at where greater investment in stock would reduce stock outs & improve service levels.
o Identifying sales trends which could lead to sales opportunities or suggest products are declining in sales and bring those to the attention of portfolio managers/product committee.
o Processing forecast information from Sales & build it into overall sales forecast follow up on those forecasts with relevant ASM or Sales Office to update forecasts.
o Amending forecasts in line with actual demand patterns where demand differs to forecast.
o Providing availability information to internal customers based on whether demand is part of the forecast or not and on maximising availability, ideally without creating stock outs on retail or additional airfreight costs.
* Drive continuous improvement within the forecasting team. This includes the establishment of an S&OP process.
* Work with Representatives from Sales Functions in order to generate and improve forecasts, regularly meeting to review forecast accuracy, understand patterns of demand, unusual demand patterns and future known demand.
* Work with Sales Managers/Directors to generate new product forecasts and review sales against forecast of recently launched products, with aim to improve new product forecasting (and make any recommendations to product committee/portfolio committee which result from this).
* Lead the inventory reduction strategy within the business.
Ideally you will be CIPS qualified or equivalent, with extensive experience of forecasting within a supply chain environment.