£30000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
5 months ago
This role combines interaction with the Sales team to obtain and maintain Sales input into forecasts with reviewing historical sales patterns to generate forecasts and review them periodically. You will also provide product availability information for larger orders which maximises availability whilst also protecting our next day delivery promise to retail customer, and revise the forecast to allow for these larger sales volumes as they become known. Maintain a drive towards continual improvement and increased forecast accuracy.
* Generating sales forecasts and component forecasts based on historical sales patterns and sales input for purchase items (and production items if applicable in future - in that case component forecasting would reduce).
* Deciding safety stock figures for purchase and production items. Review these parameters and look at where greater investment in stock would reduce stock outs & improve service levels.
* Identifying sales trends which could lead to sales opportunities or suggest products are declining in sales, and bring those to the attention of portfolio managers/product committee.
* Processing forecast information from Sales & built it into overall sales forecast; follow up on those forecasts with regular meetings with the relevant ASM/ESM or Sales Office to close the forecasting loop & follow up on forecasts submitted by Sales
* Amending forecasts in line with actual demand patterns where demand differs to forecast.
* Providing availability information to internal customers based on whether demand is part of the forecast or not and on maximising availability, ideally without creating stock outs on retail or additional airfreight costs.
* Communicating effectively with Production & Purchasing officers to prevent stock outs & overstocks where forecast has been amended & in order to provide best possible availability to customers.
* Implementation of forecasting improvements including AGR or an equivalent option, potential Production product forecasting changes, reporting and use of forecast accuracy.