£33687.00 - £37978.00 per annum
10 months ago
As part of a team to provide and maintain a delivery and transport administrative service within the Logistics Services Department to ensure that all business and customer requirements are met in accordance with contract specification and all deliveries are made on time complying with all relevant legislation.
Prepares and issues all documentation required to perform national and international radioactive materials transport in accordance with all current legislation.
Undertakes regular training in the transport regulations governing the multi-modal consignment of dangerous goods and radioactive materials and pass the valida- tion/re-validation examinations to ensure compliance with transport regulations.
Ensures that UUK customs clearance procedures for imports and exports are in accordance with all current legislation. Maintains the customs spreadsheet in accord- ance with HMRC requirements and prepares the requisite HMRC returns.
Own the export control and customs regulatory processes.
Liaise with external bodies to ensure that all transport licences, insurance and customs clearance documents required for deliveries are available.
Checks completed production to ensure that it meets all customer and regulatory requirements and prepares delivery administration documentation for use by trans- porters, customers and Head Office (UEC).
When required prepares and issues detailed schedules to enable plant operations to be performed in accordance with the URENCO Group sales plan.
Provides data as requested by management and contribute to regular weekly, monthly or quarterly reports.
Keeps the transport programme up to date to inform Production Planning, Materials Handling, Security and Shift Team Managers of incoming/outgoing transport movements.
- Qualification to HNC or equivalent in a science/mathematical based discipline and/or several years of relevant experience.
- Must hold recognised transport qualifications to consign radioactive ma- terials and dangerous goods by road, sea and air and revalidate the qualifications as required.
- Good understanding of delivery and transport operations.
- Highly numerate and obtain a minimum pass mark of 90% on the Logistics Services numeracy test.
- Highly proficient in the use of SAP, Excel and other relevant software.