£0.00 - £35.00 per hour
7 months ago
Carry out landing gear installation design modifications and investigations in support of the landing gear and associated equipment installations for in-service and Final Assembly Line (FAL). Equipment installations include wheels, brakes, brake manifolds, hubcaps, brake cooling fans, lights, etc.
MAJOR END RESULTS
* Completion of interface drawing definition between landing gears, airframe and equipment.
* Completion of Data for Manufacture (DFM / definition dossier) in relation to modifications.
* Deliver responses to non-conformances (eg. query notes, concessions).
* Support to the Final Assembly Line assisting to help resolve landing gear related installation issues.
* Undertake clearance studies using 3D modelling.
MAIN ACTIVITIES (Technical)
* Creating/updating interface definition between landing gears and airframe, and landing gears and equipment.
* Creating/updating installation DFM, including installation of landing gears into the airframe, and installation of equipment onto the landing gears, in accordance with mod requirements. Installation DFM includes drawings, design instructions, frontier definition, ground line geometry, etc.
* Conducting clearance studies to demonstrate adequate clearance between landing gears, dressings and equipment within the airframe.
* Answering Works Query Notes (eWQN's).
* Answering installation concessions.
* Support to answering equipment concessions.
* All activities are carried out in compliance with Airbus and CoC policies for design and installation.
* May need to interface with customers and stakeholders during execution of tasks, eg. FAL, LG structures engineers, LG equipment engineers, chief engineers, configuration managers, etc….
* Previous landing gear experience a bonus, not essential.
* Ability to deliver engineering solutions to time, cost, and quality, using appropriate processes, tools & methods.
* Previous experience in using Airbus processes and procedures for design (DE.PA.03.01) a bonus.
* Experience of mechanical installation, hydraulic and electrical installation.
* Experienced in configuration control and product structure requirements.
* Ability to work autonomously.
* Familiar with materials, material compatibility, electrical bonding, greasing, etc…
* DMU experience a bonus.
* Catia V5 R21 (essential)
* Catia V5 kinematics (essential)
* DPDS (essential)
* Optegra (essential)
* SAP PAC (for concessions)
* SAP APD (for eWQN's)
* ICC (read access)