£400.00 - £450.00 per day
7 months ago
Defect Manager, Defect Control, SC Clearance, Security Clearance, Defect Specialist, Defect Management
Defect Manager required for our client based in the Fareham, Hampshire area with occasional travel to London for an initial 3 month contract to primarily focus on managing the defects of our client's large Programme.
Due to the secure nature of our client's project, the successful candidate must either hold valid SC Clearance or be willing to undergo prior to the commencement of the project.
You will be the point of contact for all Defect (functional and non-functional) status related queries. As a Defect Manager you will be required to learn and support all aspects of the programme test phases and offer guidance to the software development and operational teams as and when required.
This will be a customer facing role and will require active engagement, pro-active coordination and effective negotiation skills with the Internal and the Customer's Business and Test Teams as well.
Defect Manager Skills/Experience include:
- Excellent Coordination and Negotiation skills to liaise with the Development, IT and Test Teams to assess and priorities Functional and Non-Functional defects.
- The ability to chair, own, and steer critical defect review meetings to achieve a satisfactory outcome based on Business and Release priorities. Must be able to assess and/or contribute to desired severity and priorities of defects / improvements.
- Demonstrable progress chasing and tracking high severity and priority issues
- Understanding of Agile software development and test lifecycle. Working knowledge of Functional and Non-Functional Test phases.
- Ability to manage standard and tailored defect management processes along with an ability to find, own and resolve ad-hoc issues.
- Ability to influence and persuade where appropriate and resolving any conflicts.
- Ability to explain technical processes and articulate knowledge of the Defect Management process to a wide audience.
- Strong Experience of Jira, dashboards and queries and filters.
- Good practical knowledge of MS Office, especially Excel / Pivot tables.
- Ability to track and analyse defects and follow them to closure
To find out more information, please apply to this position with an updated version of your CV.