2 months ago
Morson International are currently working with a key client in the Nuclear Sector who have a requirement for 2 x Decommissioning Technicians to be based at their site operations in Berkshire. These are longer term contract roles offering excellent rates to suitably experienced applicants.
Candidates should ideally have a background of working in mechanical/electrical environments and have experience of decommissioning redundant nuclear facilities.
The Nuclear Decommissioning Technician will:
- Report to the WSO or his nominated deputy for administration and/or technical matters.
- Comply with Site/Client nuclear sensitive operating procedures pertaining to the project.
- Comply with all rules, regulations permit system and safety requirements in force for this project and to promote these disciplines within his/her areas of responsibility.
- Record any emergent problems encountered during the project, and report the details to the Foreman/Supervisor at the earliest opportunity.
- Only undertake tasks that they are trained and authorised/competent to do so.
- Perform any tasks involving the use/wear of RPE, PBAS (Pressurised Breathing Air Suits) and Respirators following the appropriate training.
- Operate Cutting, Lifting and hand held equipment as required.
- Ensure that RPE and PPE is in good condition and appropriate for use at all times.
- Maintain housekeeping standards before, during and after any operational/ maintenance activities, clean up spillage's etc.
- Assist as required during any maintenance activities.
- Ensure that portable equipment is in calibration before use.
- Compliance with Site/Project Safety Plan, the Health, Safety Environmental and Welfare Plan (HSEW), and all documents and legislation associated with the project.
- Be willing to take an active role as a representative in employee safety attending client/Site Assurance Meetings.
Due to the nature of the work involved in this assignment, applications are invited from individuals with a current SC Security clearance or those eligible to undergo SC if selected.
This is a reissue of client requirement - previous applicants need not apply.