6 months ago
Decommissioning Technicians x 2 , Contract, Nuclear, Reading
Our Client urgently requires Decommissioning Technician (PBAS operative) for an immediate start dependant on vetting status.
The Decommissioning Technician will:
- Report to the WSO or his nominated deputy for administration and/or technical matters.
- Comply with all operating procedures pertaining to the project.
- Comply with all rules, regulations; permit system and safety requirements in force for this project and to promote these disciplines within his/her areas of responsibility.
- Record any emergent problems encountered during the project, and report the details to the Foreman/Supervisor at the earliest opportunity.
- Only undertake tasks that they are trained and authorised/competent to do so.
- Maintain housekeeping standards before, during and after any operational/ maintenance activities, clean up spillage's etc.
- Operate Cutting, Lifting and hand held equipment as required.
- Assist as required during any maintenance activities.
- Ensure that PPE is in good condition and appropriate for use at all times.
- Perform any tasks involving the use/wear of RPE, PBAS (Pressurised Breathing Air Suits) and Respirators following the appropriate training.
- Ensure that portable equipment is in calibration before use.
- Ensure compliance with the requirements of the Clients Project Safety Plan, the Health, Safety Environmental and Welfare Plan (HSEW), and all documents and legislation associated with the project.
- Be willing to take an active role as a representative in employee safety and attend Clients Nuclear Site Assurance Meeting meetings.