6 months ago
Nuclear Decommissioning Technicians x 4 , Contract, Aldermaston , ASAP start
Our Client requires Nuclear Decommissioning Technicians for decommissioning project at AWE Aldermaston, due to the nature of the position Candidates must have a valid SC in place in the last twelve months
Candidates should ideally have a background working in mechanical/electrical environments and have experience of decommissioning redundant nuclear facilities.
The Nuclear Decommissioning Technician will:
* Report to the WSO or his nominated deputy for administration and/or technical matters.
* Comply with all Cavendish Nuclear and AWE operating procedures pertaining to the project.
* Comply with all rules, regulations permit system and safety requirements in force for this project and to promote these disciplines within his/her areas of responsibility.
* Record any emergent problems encountered during the project, and report the details to the Foreman/Supervisor at the earliest opportunity.
* Only undertake tasks that they are trained and authorised/competent to do so.
* Perform any tasks involving the use/wear of RPE, PBAS (Pressurised Breathing Air Suits) and Respirators following the appropriate training.
* Operate Cutting, Lifting and hand held equipment as required.
* Ensure that RPE and PPE is in good condition and appropriate for use at all times.
* Maintain housekeeping standards before, during and after any operational/ maintenance activities, clean up spillage's etc.
* Assist as required during any maintenance activities.
* Ensure that portable equipment is in calibration before use.
* Ensure compliance by Cavendish Nuclear with the requirements of the AWE Project Safety Plan, the Health, Safety Environmental and Welfare Plan (HSEW), and all documents and legislation associated with the project.
* Be willing to take an active role as a representative in employee safety and attend Cavendish Nuclear, Site Assurance Meeting meetings.