Up to £0.00 per annum + Negotiable
5 months ago
We are looking for a Lead Decommissioning Planning Engineer for our Oil & Gas Operator based in Aberdeen.
This will be on a long term contract basis.
Candidates must have an Oil & Gas background, experience of leading an asset group planning team - ensuring quality MTAP and smooth transition of decommissioning activities to asset 90 day and 28 day plans.
To define & deliver appropriately timed, prioritized activities and work-programs to ensure asset strategic safety and business objectives are met or exceeded year on year.
The Lead Decommissioning Planner will be accountable for the planning and scheduling of Decommissioning Projects work activities in conjunction with the Decommissioning Manager, Field Managers, Project Engineers, Well P&A Engineers, Planning and Investment Manager and Project Services Lead to ensure a consistent and timely delivery of planning support to the decommissioning projects. To prepare and distribute forecasts and plans for Projects work activities. Ability to work with minimal supervision, on a number of projects covering all decommissioning work scopes. He/she leads a team of planner(s), scheduler(s), providing planning and scheduling of all asset group activities in a prioritised and structural manner. The onshore Decommissioning group team comprises of shared resources across the engineering, maintenance, operations, HSE, integrity, tech-safety, wells, finance and subsurface disciplines. The overall goal is to deliver well-planned accurate work-programs for onshore and offshore execution to ensure regulatory, safety and business objectives are met or exceeded
* Liaise with the Decommissioning Manager, Field Manager &Technical Manager to optimize planning and scheduling processes in the asset group, preparation of work scopes within the onshore support team, and deliver key activities as driven by the asset strategy
* Ensure that all internal and external functional and vendor decommissioning plans are compatible with the asset group MTAPs at the Level One stage to ensure a seamless transfer of information
* Develop and maintain project progress reporting across DIM portfolio including Wells Portfolio
* Accountable for overall Level 1 / 2 decommissioning and wells project schedule and integration of all scopes of work (Facilities, Subsea, Wells, Permits and Consents, project approvals etc)
* Accountable for overall schedule change management including schedule baselining/revisions to baseline following Project Management approval
* Accountable for long term Level 0 decommissioning and wells project schedule and integration of all scopes of work for the purpose of the annual business plan submissions
* Align asset group budgets with all MTAP and key maintenance work scopes, and mange changes by liaising closely with the Cost Analyst/Accountant and Business Analyst
* Lead the asset group planning team in ensuring quality MTAP and smooth transition of decommissioning activities to asset 90 day and 28 day plans
* Coordinate development of budget forecasting and clearly demonstrate links to spend and business improvement.
* Ensure high visibility (both on and offshore) of progress against asset strategy, MTAP and other plans
* Ensure all interfaces to other disciplines are clearly defined and correctly engineered
* Interface with the planning functions of each of the principal contractors engaged on decommissioning projects
* Monitor, report and verify progress and performance against each project plan
* Review plan POB with relevant POB limits and identify areas of conflict
* Continually monitor and report all plan progress and KPI related business targets and capture any non-performance
* Run Critical Path Analysis reports and produce deviation reports
* Assess and communicate impact on integrated project schedule of potential or approved scope change
* Liaise with Main Scope Contractors on progress reporting requirements
* Prepare & maintain management 'S' Curves and manpower forecasts
* Critically analyse deviations and proposed variations to evaluate the impact on the time frame and resource requirements of the project plans
* Recommend remedial action to minimise effects of slippage in the plans
* Expedite activities and their interface on project plans in conjunction with Asset Plans
* Conduct schedule risk analysis on integrated schedule to identify opportunities, conflicts, constraints when required
Education Attainment & Accreditation
* Qualified in a project management technical HNC/HND, or equivalent, with significant planning experience within the offshore oil & gas industry
* Mandatory safety, medical regulatory regulations for travel working offshore UKCS
Professional skills & Experience
* Relevant offshore operational experience, including if possible significant exposure to production and FPSOs/semi subs
* Track record of aligning multi-disciplined group behind shared vision and common goals
* Excellent Computer skills including high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office and Primavera P6 planning tool or equivalent
* Emergency Response experience desirable
* Experience on Decommissioning projects planning will be valued
* Ability to travel offshore