6 months ago
Decommissioning and Spent Fuel Lead, Contract, Gloucester
Our client is looking for a Decommissioning and Spent Fuel Lead to support the Head of Waste Management and Decommissioning (WM&D) in the development of our clients Decommissioning and Spent Fuel strategies and plans.
* You will provide technical guidance and authoritative advice on a range of decommissioning and spent fuel management topics.
* Act as Intelligent Customer for Decommissioning and Spent Fuel services supplied by others.
* Support to PCSR Chapter Lead for (i) Decommissioning and (ii) Spent Fuel by ensuring that Level 2 and 3 deliverables are of sufficient quality to underpin the Claims/Arguments/Evidence contained within the PCSR.
* Ensure the power station design proceeds in accordance with the requirements of UK legislative and environmental requirements. Specifically the demonstration of _Design for Decommissioning_ and the demonstration of non-foreclosure of options with regard to the Spent Fuel Management.
* Development of Assessment Finding Resolution for all Spent Fuel and Decommissioning AFs.
* Participate in Regulator technical discussions, as requested.
Skills and Experience:-
* Candidates must hold a graduate degree or equivalent qualification in a suitable engineering or science subject and preferably hold professional membership of an appropriate institution.
* Chartered professional, or corporate membership of a relevant professional body/institution.
* Demonstrate a track record of success, achievement and learning in career to date, adding value within relevant positions, to include an authoritative post within a Decommissioning or Spent Fuel Management team.
* Extensive experience and understanding across a broad range of Nuclear Waste Management and Decommissioning issues.
* Proven experience ensuring effective implementation of strategy and contributing to strategy development.
* Demonstrates effective planning, prioritisation and delivery (through self and others).