£33370 - £35092 per annum
3 months ago
The Operations Teams are responsible for the safe and continuous operation of the Enrichment facilities at UUK. They ensure that the Group enrichment plan for UUK is delivered to target, whilst maintaining an operating environment that complies with all health, safety, regulatory, safeguard and security requirements. The Operations department strives towards a culture of continuous improvement, enabling UUK to achieve its business objectives.
The Post holder will be required to maintain a level of heath and general wellbeing appropriate to their post including assigned emergency roles. A two yearly medical is required for all Monitored Workers and drivers of Company vehicles. The Day Operator primary focus will be on the normal day operations within the enrichment facilities. In emergency situations the Day Operations Team will provide emergency baseline roles to support the Capenhurst Emergency Plan. The Day Operations Team will provide enough flexibility to provide these roles when at minimum manning. The Day Operator will provide such roles as Assistant Control Room Operator, Emergency Monitor or Plant re-entry team. These roles require manual handling, a degree of physical mobility and the wearing of Breathing apparatus and gas tight chemical suits. Training for emergency roles will be delivered.
- Knowledge of plant safety cases, environmental permits, radiological and security procedures to ensure regulatory and compliance requirements are met.
- Competent in plant based cylinder transport equipment and MAFI transporters.
- Competent in conducting Field Operations as dictated by the training qualification card
- Knowledge in the field of criticality safe operating requirements.
- Knowledge of the plant control systems, hex systems, utility systems and the interactions between these systems in all UUK plants.
- Knowledge of the plant layouts, system design characteristics and safety-related systems.
- Knowledge of the physical, chemical and radiological characteristics.
- Proficient in the use of site computer systems and applications as appropriate for the role (e.g. Microsoft word, SAP, PACS, email).
Secondary Education, Ideally Grade C in Maths, English and science
Process/Craft Qualifications or have equivalent Chemical/Nuclear Process plant experience is beneficial.
Additional relevant courses such as Vacuum Technology, PLC basics, Internal Operator training program.
Internal Operator training program Accreditation to ATPT Level C.