£34497.00 - £36974.00 per annum
0161 707 1516
about 2 months ago
A member of a multi-disciplined operating team with mixed laboratory, process, analysis, calibration, environmental monitoring, COSHH and basic chemical plant operations, within the Tails Management Facility to meet operational targets with regard to throughput, quality and cost whilst maintaining a safe, healthy and effective working environment. Using various lean improvement tools, the role involves initiating & driving improvements in business performance with a view to achieving world class performance levels that contribute to the growth of the business for the future.
- Hands on experience of analysis in a process or quality laboratory in a chemical or nuclear process plant environment including:
- Material deliveries / dispatch
- Waste handling procedures
- Preparation of process and materials
- Sampling and testing of materials for control
- Logging, recording and transferring information on plant / process status using electronic, written and verbal methods
- Analytical method development
- Familiarity with standard analysis techniques
- An understanding of the theory, principles and practice of simple business improvement techniques and experience in their use to solve process problems and support efficiency improvements
- Sound knowledge and understanding of administrative, health, safety, environmental, security and waste disposal procedures and regulatory requirements relevant to TMF.
- Ability to use technical information to aid equipment fault finding and process troubleshooting.
- Capable of maintaining accurate written records of measurement data and operational activities to meet the high standards required to comply with regulatory requirements
- IT literate to support use of Microsoft applications, SAP and other bespoke plant or laboratory software (e.g. LIMS)
- Skilled in radiological monitoring for routine survey, waste segregation and specific with-cause monitoring requirements.
- Skilled in laboratory analysis techniques to undertake on-plant control analysis
- Management of laboratory stocks and equipment
- Calibration of portable monitoring equipment
- Awareness of COSHH standards.
The Minimum requirements: HNC / HND or higher Chemistry or Chemistry related degree
OR 3 - 5 years' experience in a similar role within a Chemical or Nuclear Plant environment
In addition: GCSE Grade C Science plus Maths or English or above or equivalent Numerical skills qualification
NEBOSH safety qualification / knowledge - Desirable
COSHH qualification / knowledge - Desirable