7 months ago
Work Location： United States-Washington-Seattle
Database Kernel Expert
Design, develop and debug complex software systems in the area of parallel data processing and database internals. Develop internal services for various data processing components. Work on internals of Open-Source projects like MySQL, InnoDB, PostgreSQL and Greenplum etc. Benchmark and improve performance of such systems in Alibaba Cloud and other clouds. Architect and develop cloud-native modules like automatic-scaling ,Proxying, caching in these systems. Develop software to package and deploy such software for distribution as a cloud based service.
Must Haves :
* Expert level programming ability in either of Java, C/C++, Go or C#.
* Expert in software development in the Unix/Linux environment.
* Experience developing and debugging complex systems software like database/file-system/kernel internals OR Experience with performance benchmarking and optimization and strong understanding of hardware hierarchies.
* Strong grasp over concurrency control, optimization, file systems, multi-threading and parallel processing.
* Degree in Computer Science.
Nice to Have:
* Prior experience in actively contributing to open source projects like MySQL/InnoDB/RocksDB/Redis/PostgreSQL.
* Experience in using or building Cloud IaaS services like AWS/GCE/Azure and building blocks like Docker/Mesos.
* Academic research experience in the area of distributed systems ,distributed storage and query processing.
* Advanced Degree (MS or PhD in Computer Science).