Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
£50.00 - £60.00 per annum
3 months ago
We are looking for Production Oracle Database Administrators to provide night and weekend/bank holiday support in addition to periods of standard working allowing for team integration, continuous improvement activities and on-going training. Applicants will be reliable, motivated and self-sufficient, able to work to instructions, make decisions and implement service fixes whilst under pressure, reporting to a Service Delivery Manager who will liaise with the customer. BAU/routine DBA activities will also form part of the role. In addition an element of networking, SAN and connectivity knowledge is required to support diagnosis of issues. Full training in the services and the role will be provided plus the regular opportunity to integrate with the rest of the team.
- At least 5 years Oracle Database Administrator/Production Support experience
- Experience of RAC, Oracle 12 and above, backup and recovery procedure.
- Spatial, compression and portioning experience would be an advantage
- Dataguard, Cloud, SQLServer and Postgres experience an advantage
- Understanding of ITIL best practice and ability to follow ITIL processes and procedures SCOM experience would be beneficial
- Out of Hours support experience welcome, but not essential
- SC clearance will need to be applied for however candidates can come in through BPSS clearance to start with.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Provide the business with Oracle database experience
- To provide the SDM will technical information relating to support decisions including the decision to failover in a BCDR scenario
- React to incidents, including but not limited to performance issues, account lockouts, availability/capacity issues, stopping and starting database services and provide DBA advice and guidance to the SDM. Handover to/from other DBA resources as shifts change. Document fixes/knowledge base articles and pass knowledge to others as required.
- Ensure all Service Desk calls are recorded effectively in the call logging systems
- Routine activities such as database patching (DBMS), monitoring, test restore/backups, general DBA maintenance; related to both production and internal systems
- To provide input to networking, SAN and connectivity issues; full training will be given as required
- Working with your line manager to ensure skills are maintained to support future requirements
- A combination of Out of hours 18:00-08:00 and weekends/bank holidays and office based activities